The College of the Holy Spirit of Tarlac is one of the schools directed by the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit in the Philippines.
Founded and named Catholic Academy of Tarlac by ten prominent men of Tarlac in 1939, the school was turned over to the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit in 1940 and was thereby named Holy Ghost Institute and Holy Spirit Academy some years later. The first college courses were offered in 1968 and the school was renamed College of the Holy Spirit of Tarlac.
Until April 1972, all classes were held at F. Tañedo Street in Tarlac Poblacion. In July 1972, because of lack of floor space due to the school’s fast growing population, a new building was constructed at the New Tarlac Heights Subdivision in San Sebastian Village for the College and High School Departments. The College Department once more occupied the building at F. Tañedo when the Grade School building at San Sebastian was constructed. Since then, the High School Department occupied the original building at San Sebastian.
The school is Level 3 PAASCU Accredited.
For inquiries and additional information, please visit: www.chst.edu.ph
Truth in Love.
A discerning person who lives the truth in Love, is actively involved in building Christian communities, in dialogue of life with the poor and in caring for Mother Earth.
We, the S.Sp.S schools, animated by the Trinitarian spirituality and charism of Blessed Arnold Janssen, commit ourselves to the task of evangelization in the light of PCP II.
In the light of the Rosary Province, VMG and PCP II, we strive to:
- develop the total person as indwelt by the Triune God through a revelant and quality education rooted in Christian values;
- make Christ and His values, especially simplicity of life, permeate our programs, policies and activities;
- promote and uphold the dignity of the human person and make a stand for truth, justice, peace and freedom;
- prepare the person for responsible leadership and selfless service;
- participate in the community-building mission of the Holy Spirit through BEC;
- live out our dialogue of life with the poor among the indigenous Filipinos, especially with the Aetas, women, youth and children;
- foster love of country and promote, preserve and develop our cultural heritage;
- care for Mother Earth.
A person afire with the Spirit of Excellence and Service
Guided by the charism of Saint Arnold Janssen and the Trinitarian Mission Spirituality, we build, through Christian and wholistic formation, new generations of responsible citizens who are agents of change in the society.
- To provide relevant and quality education rooted in Christian values
- To practice “Truth in Love” in our relationship
- To strengthen vocation animation in the school programs
- To intensify care for Mother Earth
- To intensify outreach programs
- To encourage volunteerism
- To promote responsible use of technology
- To form competent leaders responsive to local, national, and global issues
- To build communities that promotes peace, justice, unity, and respect for life
- To reach out to people who live in poverty of any kind
- To exercise more participative/team leadership at all levels
- To strengthen our networking with other ministries of the Rosary Province
- To invest in the formation of our lay partners and allow them to take responsible position
The College Department offers the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS Psych)
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology (AB Psych)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.E.Ed.)
- Areas of Concentration: General Education and Pre-School Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Major in Biological Science, Mathematics, English, Values Education and Filipino
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BS HRM)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Major in Financial Management, Operational Management and Marketing Management