The Tarlac National High School is the seat of the oldest public high school system in the country, established by the Thomasites. It first opened in September 1, 1902 under the supervision of Mr. Frank R. White, who was then the Deputy Division Superintendent for the province. One of the prominent figures of the country who once walked and learned from the grounds of this institution is the distinguished then-politician, spokesman, diplomat, journalist and author, and Foreign Secretary Carlos P. Romulo. It is with this that the proposed library for construction within the Alumni Building is named the Carlos P. Romulo Hall and Library. Also proposed to be housed within the Alumni Building are a fully equipped language clinic and laboratory, a music and arts classrooms where students can learn art, languages, and another room devoted to the study of music, art and culture, and a hall for memorabilia on the school’s history and its distinguished alumni.